Transitiv Technologies Heartbeat consultants are available to assist your business and provide the skills needed to design and deploy a Heartbeat high availability solution. Transitiv offers consultancy for all aspects of Heartbeat, including:
- Project Management
- Performance Issues
- Design and Configuration of Clustering solution
Contact us to discuss Open Source Heartbeat HA solutions.
Open Source Services from Transitiv Technologies.
The Linux-HA (High-Availability Linux) project provides a high-availability (clustering) solution for Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris and Mac OS X which promotes reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS). The project's main software product is Heartbeat, a GPL-licensed portable cluster management program for high-availability clustering.
Heartbeat is a daemon that provides cluster infrastructure (communication and membership) services to its clients. This allows clients to know about the presence of peer processes on other machines and to easily exchange messages with them.
In order to be useful to users, the Heartbeat daemon needs to be combined with a cluster resource manager (CRM) which has the task of starting and stopping the services (IP addresses, web servers, etc.) that the cluster will make highly available. Pacemaker is the preferred CRM for clusters based on Heartbeat.
We also offer:
What our customers say:
We have used Transitiv for a variety of work on Open Source systems, including the implementation of an Apache based reverse proxy to provide secure external access to third parties. Their work has been excellent, delivered on time and...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK