Transitiv Technologies Merlin consultants are available to assist you when considering a Merlin database backend for Nagios deployment and can design and implement a solution to your requirements.
Contact us to discuss the benefits of integrating Merlin into your Nagios Monitoring.
Open Source Services from Transitiv Technologies
Merlin is an alternative database backend and distributed monitoring layer for Nagios which offer several features over the native db and remote monitoring layers in Nagios and NDOUtils, such as:
- Merlin offers a cleaner, simpler database schema which makes it easier to build applications which utilise the data retrieved by Nagios.
- Merlin offers distributed monitoring which allows you to configure host and service checks on the central server and push responsibility for monitoring them to another Merlin node, with the results returned to the central server for display in the interface and entry into the database.
- Merlin also features the ability to load-balance monitoring responsibility across a number of Nagios/Merlin nodes without the need to explicitly define which nodes handle monitoring for which systems.
Despite being newer than NDOUtils, Merlin is already supported as a database backend in many popular Nagios addons, including the popular visualisation tool Nagvis.
We also offer:
What our customers say:
Throughout this project we have been particularly impressed with the level of analysis of our systems to ensure the best results from the Nagios monitoring solution they developed and also with the technical recommendations which have...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK