Transitiv Technologies CentOS training is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to acquire the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain a CentOS infrastructure.
Our CentOS training includes the following:
- Linux history pocket guide
- OS architecture and the Unix philosophy
- Installation and partitioning
- Linux fundamentals and differences from Windows and Mac OS X
- The Linux filesystem layout
- The Linux boot process and how the system and services start
- An introduction to the command line, basic commands and utilities
- Common post-installation tasks, such as adding users and tightening security
- System logging and how to find out what is going on
- Managing hardware and resource usage
- Linux networking and remote access
- Finding and using system manuals
- Installing software
- Text editing, I/O streams, regular expressions and shell scripting
- Scheduled tasks
- Linux security, firewalls and user permissions
- Automated installations
- Advanced partitioning with software RAID and LVM
When taking CentOS training, many customers often have a particular usage scenario in mind, so you might wish to consider extending your CentOS training to include training on other products, such as monitoring, virtualisation or web and mail hosting for example. Please be sure to ask us about extending your CentOS training course to include elements of other training courses that are applicable to your CentOS usage.
Open Source Software and Linux Training
Transitiv Technologies training courses are designed to equip our customers with the skills to use, develop, deploy and maintain Linux and Open Source software within their enterprises. Our Open Source professionals have over 30 years of commercial experience in the IT industry and have been working individually with the software we support for several years, providing us with the skills and experience to train you and your team on the Open Source applications used in your business. Our training is based upon proven industry best practices and years of experience working with the applications.
We have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
CentOS is the enterprise grade Linux Operating System built using the same source code as Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) to provide a free to use alternative to Red Hat's commercial Linux offering, with only the branding changed. This distribution is popular with business users as it provides a free alternative to the commercial Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Although there is a vibrant, active community of users, CentOS is a non commercial Open Source project, which means that there is no support available directly by the CentOS team.
Transitiv Technologies have many years experience providing support & consultancy for CentOS. Our professional team can assist your business in providing consultancy, comprehensive training or support, tailor made for your business' individual requirements. As well as CentOS support, we can also offer consultancy and training for other Linux distributions, please contact us to find out how we can help you.
What our customers say:
To both the Adam's thank you for your hard work, flexibility and attention to detail whilst building our Nagios distributed monitoring system. We are now able to monitor our entire IT estate with one application that surpasses the...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK