Debian training from Transitiv Technologies is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to acquire the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain a Debian Linux infrastructure.
Our Debian training includes the following:
- Linux history pocket guide
- OS architecture and the Unix philosophy
- Installation and partitioning
- Linux fundamentals and differences from Windows and Mac OS X
- The Linux filesystem layout
- The Linux boot process and how the system and services start
- An introduction to the command line, basic commands and utilities
- Common post-installation tasks, such as adding users and tightening security
- System logging and how to find out what is going on
- Managing hardware and resource usage
- Linux networking and remote access
- Finding and using system manuals
- Installing software
- Text editing, I/O streams, regular expressions and shell scripting
- Scheduled tasks
- Linux security, firewalls and user permissions
- Advanced partitioning with software RAID and LVM
When taking Debian training, many customers often have a particular usage scenario in mind, so you might wish to consider extending your Debian training to include training on other products, such as monitoring, virtualisation or web and mail hosting for example. Please be sure to ask us about extending your Debian training course to include elements of other training courses that are applicable to your Linux usage.
Open Source Software and Linux Training
Transitiv Technologies training courses are designed to equip our customers with the skills to use, develop, deploy and maintain Linux and Open Source software within their enterprises. Our Open Source professionals have over 30 years of commercial experience in the IT industry and have been working individually with the software we support for several years, providing us with the skills and experience to train you and your team on the Open Source applications used in your business. Our training is based upon proven industry best practices and years of experience working with the applications.
We have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
Founded in 1992, Debian is one of the oldest Linux distributions available. It has a reputation for rock solid stability, reliability and a powerful, easy to use software management system which places over 50 CDs worth of pre-built software at your fingertips for installation with a single command. This software management systems also means that Debian has a reliable and predictable upgrade process from one major release to the next.
Debian's intelligent design and innovative software management system have resulted in one of the largest families of derivative Linux distributions to come from a single ancestor. Notably, the highly successful Ubuntu Linux system is a direct descendant of Debian, adding its own desktop sheen over Debian's underlying architecture. Nevertheless, Debian is still the preferred server Operating System for those who favour the Debian way over other Linux families.
As a non-commercial project, Debian is supported by its user developer community and as such there is no enterprise level vendor support from Debian themselves. With several years commercial experience in Debian support, our experts offer support, training and consultancy services to ensure that the needs of business users who require more comprehensive support are met when using Debian.
As well as Debian support, Transitiv offer consultancy for most popular Linux software on all of our supported distributions, so if you you require assistance with an application not listed elsewhere on the Transitiv website, please ask us about training, support or consultancy for your application on Debian.
What our customers say:
We have used Transitiv for a variety of work on Open Source systems, including the implementation of an Apache based reverse proxy to provide secure external access to third parties. Their work has been excellent, delivered on time and...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK