Transitiv Technologies Icinga training includes the following topics. Call or email us for a full course outline.
- Installing Icinga from source or pre-compiled packages
- Configuring hosts and service checks
- Working with the Icinga web interfaces for an overview of systems status and to configure system downtime
- Understanding the primitives of Icinga configuration objects and how to use them
- Inheriting configuration from hostgroups, and generic hosts and services
- Using host and service dependencies
- Configuring host and service check times and notification periods
- Configuring email, SMS and custom notifications
- Monitoring of infrastructure such as router, server, internet and printer availability
- Monitoring of network services such as availability, response time, and service health
- Monitoring of system health such as disk usage, running processes, CPU usage and package updates
- Icinga host and service availability reporting
- Using Icinga to run checks on remote systems using NRPE (remote plugin executor), NSClient++, SSH and SNMP
- The Icinga plugin API and writing custom plugins
Open Source Software and Linux Training
Transitiv Technologies training courses are designed to equip our customers with the skills to use, develop, deploy and maintain Linux and Open Source software within their enterprises. Our Open Source professionals have over 30 years of commercial experience in the IT industry and have been working individually with the software we support for several years, providing us with the skills and experience to train you and your team on the Open Source applications used in your business. Our training is based upon proven industry best practices and years of experience working with the applications.
We have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
Icinga is an enterprise grade Open Source Network Monitoring application which is a fork of Nagios and backwards compatible. Nagios configurations, plugins and add ons can all be used with Icinga. Icinga enables companies to be proactive about Network and Server maintenance allowing System Administrators to be informed of any service issues before receiving support calls from end users. Icinga monitors, notifies and reports on any network issue.
As Open Source software, Icinga offers a cost effective alternative to proprietary monitoring systems such as CiscoWorks, HP OpenView and Solarwinds Orion. This enables companies to spend their time and money on getting what they want rather than buying an inflexible, off-the-shelf product which only offers the functionality they pay for.
Ask us about our Network Monitoring and Management support, training and consultant services today.
What our customers say:
We have used Transitiv for a variety of work on Open Source systems, including the implementation of an Apache based reverse proxy to provide secure external access to third parties. Their work has been excellent, delivered on time and...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK