Transitiv Technologies Linux training is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to acquire the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain a Linux infrastructure. We offer training for all major Linux families and distributions, not limited to:
- Red Hat and Fedora
- Ubuntu and derivatives
- SUSE and OpenSUSE
- Mandriva and Mageia
- Slackware and derivatives
Our Linux training includes the following:
- Linux history pocket guide
- OS architecture and the Unix philosophy
- How to choose your Linux distribution
- Installation and partitioning
- Linux fundamentals and differences from Windows and Mac OS X
- The Linux filesystem layout
- The Linux boot process and how the system and services start
- An introduction to the command line, basic commands and utilities
- Common post-installation tasks, such as adding users and tightening security
- System logging and how to find out what is going on
- Managing hardware and resource usage
- Linux networking and remote access
- Finding and using system manuals
- Installing software
- Text editing, I/O streams, regular expressions and shell scripting
- Scheduled tasks
- Linux security, firewalls and user permissions
- Automated installations
- Advanced partitioning with software RAID and LVM
When taking Linux training, many customers often have a particular usage scenario in mind, so you might wish to consider extending your Linux training to include training on other products, such as monitoring, virtualisation or web and mail hosting for example. Please be sure to ask us about extending your Linux training course to include elements of other training courses that are applicable to your Linux usage. We are able to customise our training for any scenario.
Open Source Software and Linux Training
Transitiv Technologies training courses are designed to equip our customers with the skills to use, develop, deploy and maintain Linux and Open Source software within their enterprises. Our Open Source professionals have over 30 years of commercial experience in the IT industry and have been working individually with the software we support for several years, providing us with the skills and experience to train you and your team on the Open Source applications used in your business. Our training is based upon proven industry best practices and years of experience working with the applications.
We have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
Since humble beginnings in 1991 as Linus Torvalds' student hobby system, Linux is now by far the most widely used server Operating System on the web. Linux scales from the smallest embedded systems such as mobile phones like Google's Android handsets to powering over 90% of the world's top 100 supercomputers and is gaining market share from traditional UNIX and Microsoft Windows alike.
As a result of its software licensing terms permitting anyone the freedom to distribute and modify, Linux is supported and co-operatively developed by many the world's major technology and hardware companies including IBM, Intel, AMD, HP and Novell as well as spawning its own, in Red Hat and Canonical, the makers of Ubuntu. As a result, Linux is now the commodity OS of choice, forming the basis of many free and commercially developed systems.
The strength of Linux lies in its versatility, reliability, security and accessibility making it the ideal platform for web and email hosting, security products, virtualisation and as the basis for intelligent appliance products.
What our customers say:
To both the Adam's thank you for your hard work, flexibility and attention to detail whilst building our Nagios distributed monitoring system. We are now able to monitor our entire IT estate with one application that surpasses the...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK