Transitiv Technologies MediaWiki training is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to acquire the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain a MediaWiki content management system.
We offer both MediaWiki training for both Users and Administrators.
Our MediaWiki training course for Administrators includes the following topics, please call or email for a full MediaWiki Administrator course outline or a MediaWiki User training outline.
- Understanding the MediaWiki architecture
- Understanding MediaWiki dependencies
- Choosing a database for MediaWiki
- Installing MediaWiki with Postgresql
- Installing MediaWiki with Mysql
- Installing Apache & PHP modules
- Modifying Apache config for MediaWiki
- Installing MediaWiki components
- Configuring rewrite rules for MediaWiki
- Configuring Localsettings.php
- Setting wgScriptpath & wgScriptExtension
- Enabling & configuring email (wgSMTP)
Open Source Software and Linux Training
Transitiv Technologies training courses are designed to equip our customers with the skills to use, develop, deploy and maintain Linux and Open Source software within their enterprises. Our Open Source professionals have over 30 years of commercial experience in the IT industry and have been working individually with the software we support for several years, providing us with the skills and experience to train you and your team on the Open Source applications used in your business. Our training is based upon proven industry best practices and years of experience working with the applications.
We have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
MediaWiki is a popular cross platform open source wiki application that powers numerous websites including Wikipedia. It is written in the PHP programming language and supports both MySQL and PostgreSQL for backend data storage. There are over 700 configuration settings and more than 1600 extensions available, making it extremely flexible.
Many businesses use MediaWiki as a collaborative internal content management system.
What our customers say:
Thank you Transitiv. Your recommendation, migration and implementation of our new mail server has gone without a hitch and reduced our licensing costs to boot. We have also been impressed with your proactive support of the solution. It...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK