Transitiv Technologies OpenBSD training is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to acquire the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain an OpenBSD infrastructure.
Our OpenBSD training includes the following:
- Unix history and where the BSDs came from
- OS architecture and the Unix philosophy
- Installation and partitioning
- BSD fundamentals and differences from Windows and Mac OS X
- The OpenBSD boot process and how the system and services start
- An introduction to the command line, basic commands and utilities
- The OpenBSD filesystem layout
- Common post-installation tasks, such as adding users and tightening security
- Managing hardware and resource usage
- Finding and using system manuals
- Installing software
- System logging and how to find out what is going on
- Text editing, I/O streams, regular expressions and shell scripting
- Scheduled tasks
- OpenBSD security and user permissions
- OpenBSD networking and routing
- pf - the OpenBSD firewall
- CARP and pfsync - OpenBSD HA
- Updating and upgrading OpenBSD
When taking OpenBSD training, many customers often have a particular usage scenario in mind, so you might wish to consider extending your OpenBSD training to include training on other products, such as monitoring or web and mail hosting for example. Please be sure to ask us about extending your OpenBSD training course to include elements of other training courses that are applicable to your OpenBSD usage.
Open Source Software and Linux Training
Transitiv Technologies training courses are designed to equip our customers with the skills to use, develop, deploy and maintain Linux and Open Source software within their enterprises. Our Open Source professionals have over 30 years of commercial experience in the IT industry and have been working individually with the software we support for several years, providing us with the skills and experience to train you and your team on the Open Source applications used in your business. Our training is based upon proven industry best practices and years of experience working with the applications.
We have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
OpenBSD is a unix-like operating system. The project is widely known for its focus on security, code quality and good documentation. OpenBSD includes a number of security features absent or optional in other operating systems. OpenBSD's strong networking stack, HA and the pf packet filter suit it for network infrastructure use and it's enhanced security lends itself to the security industry.
What our customers say:
We have used Transitiv for a variety of work on Open Source systems, including the implementation of an Apache based reverse proxy to provide secure external access to third parties. Their work has been excellent, delivered on time and...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK