Transitiv Technologies Ubuntu training is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to learn the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain an Ubuntu Linux infrastructure.
We offer training for Ubuntu as a desktop, server or cloud platform. Our Ubuntu server training includes the following:
- Linux history pocket guide
- OS architecture and the Unix philosophy
- Installation and partitioning
- Linux fundamentals and differences from Windows and Mac OS X
- The Linux filesystem layout
- The Linux boot process and how the system and services start
- An introduction to the command line, basic commands and utilities
- Common post-installation tasks, such as adding users and tightening security
- System logging and how to find out what is going on
- Managing hardware and resource usage
- Linux networking and remote access
- Finding and using system manuals
- Installing software
- Text editing, I/O streams, regular expressions and shell scripting
- Scheduled tasks
- Linux security, firewalls and user permissions
- Advanced partitioning with software RAID and LVM
When taking Ubuntu training, many customers often have a particular usage scenario in mind, so you might wish to consider extending your Ubuntu training to include training on other products, such as monitoring, virtualisation or web and mail hosting for example.
In particular, customers may be interested in an Ubuntu training course which focuses more on using Ubuntu as a desktop system or as a cloud platform. Please be sure to ask us about extending your Ubuntu training course to include elements of other training courses that are applicable to your Linux usage.
Open Source Software and Linux Training
Transitiv Technologies training courses are designed to equip our customers with the skills to use, develop, deploy and maintain Linux and Open Source software within their enterprises. Our Open Source professionals have over 30 years of commercial experience in the IT industry and have been working individually with the software we support for several years, providing us with the skills and experience to train you and your team on the Open Source applications used in your business. Our training is based upon proven industry best practices and years of experience working with the applications.
We have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
From its first release in October 2004, Ubuntu has become the most popular version of Linux by building on top of the innovations provided by Debian and adding its own focus on a smooth desktop experience. As a result, Ubuntu has shaken up the perception of Linux as a desktop system, motivating many other Linux distributions to re-address their own desktop strategies and to invest more effort into providing an easy to use and satisfying desktop system.
Since 2006, Ubuntu have also provided a server system which builds on the technologies that underly Ubuntu's desktop success. It has become very popular with those who prefer the Debian package management system and enormous repositories of ready to use software, while providing more up to date software, adding its own innovations that make Ubuntu the easiest Linux distribution to use and breaking traditions by integrating Ubuntu management tools and supporting infrastructure.
More recently, Ubuntu have led the way for Linux distributions in cloud computing and virtualisation by developing tailored versions of Ubuntu for cloud platforms such as Amazon EC2 and including tools for using Ubuntu as a hosted platform with Eucalyptus or developing your own Eucalyptus cloud.
Transitiv offer support, consultancy and training for Ubuntu as a desktop, server or cloud platform. In particular you may be interested in consultancy for Ubuntu on the Amazon EC2 cloud.
What our customers say:
Throughout this project we have been particularly impressed with the level of analysis of our systems to ensure the best results from the Nagios monitoring solution they developed and also with the technical recommendations which have...
- Transitiv Technologies exhibiting Open Source Solutions at GovNet 2014
- Press Release: Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2013 on 19/20th October
- Transitiv Technologies sponsor OggCamp 2012 on 18/19th August
- transitiv-nagios-plugins 0.8 released
- Transitiv Technologies Ltd and op5 AB join forces to deliver open source IT-monitoring in the UK