Debian training from Transitiv Technologies is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to acquire the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain a Debian Linux infrastructure.
Our Debian training includes the following:
- Linux history pocket guide
- OS architecture and the Unix philosophy
- Installation and partitioning
- Linux fundamentals and differences from Windows and Mac OS X
- The Linux filesystem layout
- The Linux boot process and how the system and services start
- An introduction to the command line, basic commands and utilities
- Common post-installation tasks, such as adding users and tightening security
- Managing services and logging with systemd and journald
- Managing hardware and resource usage
- Linux networking and remote access
- Finding and using system manuals
- Installing software
- Text editing, I/O streams, regular expressions and shell scripting
- Scheduled tasks
- Linux security, firewalls and user permissions
- Advanced partitioning with software RAID and LVM
- Common use cases - LAMP server
- Getting help
We have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
Contact us to discuss your Debian training requirements.