Transitiv Technologies OpenBSD training is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to acquire the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain an OpenBSD infrastructure.
Our OpenBSD training includes the following:
- Unix history and where the BSDs came from
- OS architecture and the Unix philosophy
- Installation and partitioning
- BSD fundamentals and differences from Windows and Mac OS X
- The OpenBSD boot process and how the system and services start
- An introduction to the command line, basic commands and utilities
- The OpenBSD filesystem layout
- Common post-installation tasks, such as adding users and tightening security
- Managing hardware and resource usage
- Finding and using system manuals
- Installing software
- System logging and how to find out what is going on
- Text editing, I/O streams, regular expressions and shell scripting
- Scheduled tasks
- OpenBSD security and user permissions
- OpenBSD networking and routing
- pf - the OpenBSD firewall
- CARP and pfsync - OpenBSD HA
- Updating and upgrading OpenBSD
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
Contact us to discuss your OpenBSD training requirements.