Rocky Linux Training
Transitiv Technologies Rocky Linux training is designed for absolute beginners upwards to allow your business to acquire the skills needed to design, deploy and maintain a Rocky Linux infrastructure.
Our training is modular, allowing us to offer beginner, intermediate, advanced and bespoke courses. Some of the topics covered include:
- Linux history pocket guide
- OS architecture and the Unix philosophy
- Linux fundamentals and differences from Windows and macOS
- Installation and partitioning
- An introduction to the command line, basic commands and utilities
- Common post-installation tasks, such as adding users and tightening security
- The Linux filesystem layout
- The Linux boot process and how the system and services start
- Managing services and logging with systemd and journald
- Managing and tuning hardware and resource usage
- Linux networking and remote access
- Finding and using system manuals
- Installing software
- Text editing, I/O streams, regular expressions and shell scripting
- File sharing and network filesystems
- Scheduled tasks
- Linux security, firewalls and user permissions
- Automated installations with Kickstart
- Advanced partitioning with software RAID and LVM
- Common use cases - LAMP server
- Getting help
When taking Linux training, many customers often have a particular usage scenario in mind, so you may wish to consider extending your Rocky Linux training to include other topics such as monitoring, virtualisation or web and mail hosting. Please be sure to ask us about extending your Rocky Linux training course to include elements of other training courses that are applicable to your Rocky Linux usage.
Transitiv have modular off the shelf courses for those customers who need training at short notice but are also able to customise our training material to your needs to ensure that you get the skills you require from our training.
We provide training on a wide variety of Linux distributions and Open Source software and are able to undertake training either at customer premises or within our dedicated training suite in Wolverhampton.
Contact us to discuss your Rocky Linux training requirements.