Icinga training courses from Transitiv Technologies are designed to equip our customers with the skills needed to use, develop, deploy and maintain an Icinga monitoring system within their enterprises. Our Icinga training is modular, allowing us to offer beginner, intermediate, advanced and bespoke courses. Some of the topics covered include:
- Installing Icinga from source or pre-compiled packages.
- Configuring hosts and service checks.
- Working with the Icinga web interface for an overview of systems status and to configure system downtime.
- Understanding the primitives of Icinga configuration objects and how to use them.
- Monitoring of network services such as availability, response time, and service health.
- Monitoring of system health such as disk usage, running processes, CPU usage and package updates.
- Monitoring of infrastructure such as routers, servers, internet connectivity and printer availability.
- Inheriting configuration from hostgroups, and generic hosts and services.
Configuring host and service check times and notification periods.
Using host and service dependencies.
Configuring email, SMS and custom notifications.
- Icinga monitoring for Windows, Linux, Unix, Cisco and other network connected devices.
- Using Icinga to run checks on remote systems using NRPE, NSClient++, SSH and SNMP.
- Accepting passive checks.
- SNMP Trap monitoring.
- Icinga host and service availability reporting.
- Integration with graphing software for system performance and resource graphing.
- The Icinga plugin API and writing custom plugins.
- Adding functionality with Icinga extensions.
- Using databases for logging and reporting.
- Distributed monitoring with multiple Icinga installations and remote locations.
We can also provide specialised training for specific topics if your requirements are not met by the above
Contact us to discuss your Icinga training requirements.