Nagios training courses from Transitiv Technologies are designed to equip our customers with the skills needed to use, develop, deploy and maintain a Nagios based monitoring system within their enterprises. Our Nagios training is modular, allowing us to offer beginner, intermediate, advanced and bespoke courses. Some of the topics covered include:
- Installing Nagios from source or pre-compiled packages.
- Configuring hosts and service checks.
- Working with the Nagios web interface for an overview of systems status and to configure system downtime.
- Understanding the primitives of Nagios configuration objects and how to use them.
- Inheriting configuration from hostgroups, and generic hosts and services.
- Using host and service dependencies.
- Configuring host and service check times and notification periods.
- Configuring email, SMS and custom notifications.
- Monitoring of network services such as availability, response time, and service health.
- Monitoring of system health such as disk usage, running processes, CPU usage and package updates.
- Monitoring of infrastructure such as routers, servers, internet connectivity and printer availability.
- Nagios for Windows, Linux and Cisco.
- Using Nagios to run checks on remote systems using NRPE, NSClient++, SSH and SNMP.
- SNMP Trap monitoring.
- Accepting passive checks.
- Nagios host and service availability reporting.
- Integration with graphing software for system performance and resource graphing.
- The Nagios plugin API and writing custom plugins.
- Adding functionality with Nagios extensions.
- Using databases for logging and reporting.
- Distributed monitoring with multiple Nagios installations and remote locations.
We can also provide specialised training for specific topics.
Contact us to discuss your Nagios training requirements.